Servings: 4 serving
- 1 onion
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1.5 cup beef stock
- 1 cup sour cream (light)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 cup jasmine rice
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Slice the mushrooms, dice the carrot and onion and crush the garlic.
- Rinse rice in a sieve then place in a pot with 1 ¾ cup water, plenty of salt and half of the crushed garlic. Place over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat right down to low, place a lid on the pot nad cook 12 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for a further 10 minutes without opening the lid.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frypan over a medium heat and saute the onion and carrot 3-4 minutes until. Add the remaining garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add the beef stock, mustard, tomato paste, paprika and tumeric to the pan. Cook at a light simmer for 5 minutes. Turn right down to low then stir in the sour cream. Combine everything together gently then stir through the roast beef. Allow to heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the stroganoff piled into the garlic rice with a sprinkle of parsley and a dollop of extra sour cream
Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 4.2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 238mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 1.8g | Iron: 1.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!