How to Roast Beef Topside
- 1.5-1.8 kg beef joint
- olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning
- Pat dry the piece of meat then drizzle liberally with oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a large frypan over a high heat and place the beef join in the pan 3-4 minutes to sear the outside. Turn 2-3 times until it has browned all over.
- Quarter an onion and slice a few carrots longways. Place these in a roasting pan, place the roast on top. Roast at 175 C until done to your liking:
- Minutes per 500g Internal Temperature of Cooked BeefRare 20-25 mins, 50℃ Medium 25-30 mins, 65℃Well Done 30-35 mins, 75℃
- Basting every half hour helps keep the cut juicy: Take the oven tray out and spoon some of the juices over the meat