Quick Weeknight Lamb Baked Rice
- 250 g shredded lamb, roughly chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock (2 oxo cubes in 2 cups of water)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 cup jasmine rice.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Chop or shred the lamb into small pieces, dice onion, crush garlic.
- Rinse the rice in a colander or sieve under cold water and place in the bottom of a 20cm x 30cm oven dish. Sprinkle the vegetables over the top and add garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and the vegetable stock. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, place the lamb, soy sauce, garlic and a grind of black pepper in a bowl. Stir in the lamb and set aside
- Once the rice is done, remove from the oven and remove foil. Top with the lamb and mix everything together gently with a fork. Add a further half cup of stock and return to oven uncovered 10-15 minutes until the liquid has all soaked up.
- Mix everything together and serve sprinkled with fresh chives or spring onions if you have them