Quick Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- 1 cup mince mixture
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 carrot
- 1 small courgette
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 thumb ginger ( a piece about the size of half your thumb)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup diced peppers (frozen)
- 400 g flat rice OR hokkien noodles
- Boil a full kettle. Chop the carrots into a thin julienne/matchstick, dice the red onion and grate the carrot and courgette. Peel the ginger with the edge of a teaspoon and grate finely with a plane grater.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a plate on top and leave to sit 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium-high heat and add the carrot and red onion (you will know it’s hot enough if a little piece of veg sizzles when it hits the oil). Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop them sticking. Add the paprika, courgette, edamame, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the beef mixture along with soy sauce, hoisin and chilli sauces. Turn heat down to low and let cook 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through. Stir through the noodles and serve with an extra sprinkling of sesame seeds.