Lamb Gnocchi Bake
- 500 g gnocchi
- 250 g shredded lamb
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot
- 1 tin tomatoes, crushed and sieved
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Sprigs of fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200C and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Once at a rolling boil, add the gnocchi and cook 2-3 minutes until they rise to the surface. Drain and set aside
- Finely grate the carrot and finely dice the onion. Add a drizzle of oil to a cast iron skillet and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and dried basil along with a sprinkle of salt. Cook 4-5 minutes until they have softened.
- Stir in the tin of tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook 3 -4 minutes until thick.
- Add the gnocchi to the skillet and gently stir to coat in the sauce. Layer the lamb on top and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve garnished with ribbons of fresh basil.