Cheat’s Skillet Lasagne
- 2 cup mince mixture
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen capsicums
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 1 tin crushed and sieved tomatoes
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 1 packet cheese sauce mix (or use a roux method to make from scratch if you have time)
- 1 cup cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and the onion and peppers. Cook 2-3 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add the tin of lentils, garlic, paprika, cayenne and the oxo cube mixed into ½ cup water.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring. Season to taste
- Make the cheese sauce according to packet directions.
- Once the beef mixture is nice and thick remove ⅔ of it from the skillet. Spread the remaining mixture evenly across the bottom. Pour a third of the cheese sauce over the mince then top with lasagne sheets (break them into pieces to make them fit).
- Repeat the layers twice more finishing with cheese sauce and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Stand 10 minutes before serving.