Beef Mince Bedrock Recipe
- 1.25-1.5 kg lean beef mince
- 2 onions
- 1 tin cooked lentils
- 1 fresh capsicums or 1 cup frozen capsicum pieces
- 6 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsp minced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the diced onions and peppers and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they beginning to soften.
- Remove vegetables from the pan and wipe frypan clean.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and place over a high heat. Add about a third of the beef mince to the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon. Let cook, without stirring for 3-4 minutes, until a nice brown crust has formed on the meat (this is where the best flavor comes from!).
- Using a large flat spatula, flip the mince over and cook the other side 3-4 minutes. Break up with a spatula and remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Add all of the browned mince, vegetables, lentils and garlic to the pan. Mix in the tomatoes, stock and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir it all together and bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until thick.
- Cool and separate into portions for the week and refrigerate until needed.