Beef Keema Curry on Warm Spiced Rice
- 1 1/2 cup cups mince mixture
- 1 onion
- 1 small thumb ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 1bsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Fresh Corriander
- 1.5 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ( or 1 cinnamon stick)
- Salt and pepper
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Dice the onion, peel and grate ginger.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Mix in the ginger, garlic and curry powder and stir 20 seconds over heat until fragrant.
- Mix in soy sauce and tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir through fresh tomatoes and cook 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Serve with rice, greek yoghurt and fresh coriander leaves.
- To make rice: Rinse the rice under cold water. Place in a pot with 1 ¾ cup water, a good pinch of salt and spices. Bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, turn heat down to low and simmer 12 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to stand a further 12 minutes with the lid on.