BBQ Lamb and Feta Tacos with Quick Pickled Onions
- 300 mg shredded lamb
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp soy sau
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- To make the quick pickled onion, slice the onion and place in a lidded jar or small bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, wine vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves then pour directly over the onion. Press onions down with a spoon to ensure they are covered. Top with a lid or foil and leave to marinate 25-30 minutes. They will be ready when they are bright pink!
- To make the slaw: mix together the mayonnaise, sesame oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Stir through the shredded cabbage mix and cucumber
- Place shredded lamb in a bowl and top with bbq sauce, soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix to combine
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave 30 seconds
- To assemble: Place a spoonful of the slaw on one of the tortillas then top with the meat mixture, coriander and the pickled onions. Serve with your favourite sauces or salsa and sour cream.