Servings: 4 people
- 400 g fettuccine pasta
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 heads broccolini (or 1 head of broccoli if cheaper)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add fettuccine. Cook 12 minutes then drain.
- In a large pan, add a teaspoon of the oil and heat over a medium heat. Once simmering, add the broccolini, cooking a few minutes each side or until bright green. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat with remaining oil, add onion and cook 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook a further minute, stirring.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the stock, milk, cream cheese and cajun seasoning. Add to the pan along with the grated courgette and cook, simmering, until slightly thickened. Add the parmesan and mix until melted.
- Stir in the chicken, broccolini and fettuccine. Using tongs, mix everything together and season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with fresh basil and extra parmesan.
Serving: 300g | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 555mg | Fiber: 4.5g | Sugar: -17.9g | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 4.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!